Tips and Techniques
Before Using MbD
Plan for success!
Consider the standards and objectives that are addressed by the activities in Math by Design and check out the Lesson Plans provided in the Educator Resources.
Consider how you will use Math by Design with your students. During planning, you may want to ask yourself these questions:
- Will you use Math by Design to pre-assess your students' facility with the geometry and measurement concepts or will you teach or review those skills first?
- How will you use the tasks in each environment? Will the students complete one task at a time, or several, and in what order or will they choose?
- Will your students work alone or in teams? What is your role as they work? What are your expectations for them?
- How will you determine success?
- Will your students be working in a lab setting or in your classroom or on their own at home or at the library?